Today they announced this year's Halloween Event. The Halloween Event was the first event they had in the game back in 2016 and it's been very poplar every year since.
Here's the details from the Pokémon GO blog --
October is here, which means it’s almost time to make things a bit spookier! This year, you’re all in for a spine-chillingly good treat.
Starting Thursday, October 17, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Rescue more Shadow Pokémon from Team GO Rocket — Be ready to rescue the following Pokémon from Team GO Rocket Grunts at PokéStops near you: Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Electabuzz, Magmar, Lapras, Mareep, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Sableye, Trapinch, Cacnea, Shuppet, and Duskull.
- Thrilling threads in the Style Shop — Play dreadful dress-up with new avatar items, including a Zubat Bag, a Pikachu Onesie, a Cubone Cap, a Litwick Cap, and a Mimikyu Bag!
- A Spooky Shiny Pokémon makes its debut — If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Yamask.
From Thursday, October 17, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Friday, November 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Don’t be scared! More Ghost- and Dark-type Pokémon will be appearing in the wild, in Eggs, and in raids — Gastly, Murkrow, and more will be appearing. Making its Halloween debut is Yamask, the Spirit Pokémon!
- Pokémon wearing creepy-cute Halloween costumes arrive in raids and in the wild! — Some Pokémon have donned costumes to celebrate Halloween this year! Look forward to Bulbasaur wearing Shedinja costumes, Charmander wearing Cubone costumes, and Squirtle wearing Yamask costumes in raids. In the wild, be on the lookout for Pikachu wearing Mimikyu costumes! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter these alarmingly adorable Pokémon as Shiny Pokémon!
- The Pitch-Black Pokémon makes its ominous debut in Pokémon GO! Darkrai will be appearing in five-star raids!
- Frightful and fun Field Research tasks will be available for a limited time during this event.
- You’ve received a spooky message. Check out your Special Research when the Halloween event begins, Trainer, and you might face a Forbidden Pokémon...
- 2× Catch Candy
- 2× Hatch Candy
- 2× Transfer Candy
Have fun, stay safe, and have a spooky good time, Trainers! Let’s GO!
And here's some infographics courtesy of Couple of Gaming --
|My current avatar.|
|My trainer code. Add me!|