Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Gene Simmons Family Jewels


I've been a huge KISS fan for almost 30 years. On my 11th birthday in 1977, my dad bought a bunch of 45's to give to the kids at my party. I ended up with Christeen Sixteen/Shock Me by KISS. I LOVED that little record. That soon lead to all the albums, toys, posters, etc.
My favorite was always 'The Demon' Gene Simmons. I dressed up as Gene for Halloween in 1978 or 1979. And I listened to his solo album over and over. I've remained a fan through the good and the bad.
The past few years I thought Gene was a real 'Asshole'. But, after watching Gene Simmons Family Jewels on A&E, I have a new respect for him. He's actually just a regular 'goofy' dad. I really enjoy the show.
In other KISS news, Paul Stanley has a solo album coming out on Oct. 24th called 'Live To Win'.



Here's a song from Gene Simmons 1978 solo album. The Disney classic When You Wish Upon A Star (click to download)

No comments: