Saturday, March 31, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN IN MARCH!!! Update 05/20/07

These pictures feature friends and family from the 1970's. Top row: Tom as skull bum, me as hobo, my brother Scott as Steve Austin, Joyce as her mom, Kelly as the cat. Second row: Scott as Superman, me as Batman, my parents clowning around and me as Gene Simmons.

Here's almost 80 minutes of "Random Songs Of Horror". These tracks come from many different sources. Some were in my collection, some from the library or I downloaded them from someones blog. Please visit the "Nifty Links" section to the right, these are blogs or websites that I visit frequently. Some of these songs may have originally came from one of them.

Track Listing

1. The Haunted Mansion Welcome - Disney
2. Addams Family Movie Main Theme - Marc Shaiman
3. Ben - Crispin Glover
4. Edward Scissorhands Introduction (Titles) - Danny Elfman
5. Fay Wray Come Out and Play - Type O Negative
6. Frightening Frankie, Dangerous Drac & Weirdo Wolfie - Groovie Goolies
7. Ghosts In White Linen - Bob Rivers
8. Halloween - Bob Hope
9. The Haunted Strangler (commercial) - Boris Karloff
10. The Halloween Song - Bing Crosby, Boris Karloff & Victor Moore
11. Hallowe'en, Hallowe'en - Oscar Brand & His Young Friends
12. Heartbeat - Van Helsing
13. Hilarious House Of Frightenstein - Vincent Price
14. House Of Horrors - Merv Griffin
15. "I Got A Rock" - The Peanuts
16. I'm No Scaredy Cat - Lou Rawls
17. In The Beginning - Motley Crue
18. Jaws 2 (commercial)
19."Innnnnteresting Monster" - Bugs Bunny & Gossimer
20. (It's A) Monsters' Holiday - Buck Owens
21. "It's Alive!" - Colin Clive
22. The Legend Of Wooley Swamp - The Charlie Daniels Band
23. The Monster Mash - Vincent Price
24. Mysterious Mose - Ted Weems & His Orch.
25. Overture to The Phantom of the Opera - Erich Kunzel/Cincinnati Pops Orch.
26. Please Mr. Gravedigger - David Bowie
27. KISS Your Face Make-up (commercial)
28. The Pumpkin Tells - Wade Denning & Kay Lande
29. "Pure of Heart" - Power Records
30. Riders In The Sky (A Cowboy Legend) - Vaughn Monroe
31. Skin And Bones - Dean Gitter
32. Spider-Man On Halloween Night - Spider-Man & Friends
33. Spooky Movies - Roy Clark
34. That Annoying Hanging Spider Sound
35. That Little Old Graverobber Me - Don Hinson & The Rigamorticians
36. Monster Cereals - Count Chocula, Frankenberry & Boo Berry
37. This Is Halloween - Danny Elfman
38. Toccata And Fugues In D-Minor - Hallmark
39. Transylvania Polka - The Count (from Sesame Street)
40. Trick Or Treat - Karen & Cubby
41. Twilight Zone - Neil Norman & His Cosmic Orch.
42. Witch Laugh - Sounds To Make You Shiver!
43. Spooktacular Finale - Spike Jones

Note: Fixed expired link on May 20, 2007

Click below to download--

--> Random Songs Of Horror <--

12 comments:

Ernie said...

Christmas music I have, Halloween music I don't. Thanks for the tunes!!!!

Stephen said...

Erick, thanks for posting this - there are some gems in here that I hadn't heard before! I especially like Vincent Price's "Monster Mash" - where in the world did that come from? And thanks for including the Bing Crosby, Boris Karloff & Victor Moore Halloween Song. This mix was a lot of fun.

You don't happen to have "Monsters Lead Such Interesting Lives" by Mel Torme, do you?

Erick said...

From what I can gather, the Vincent Price "Monster Mash" comes from an EMI Demo 7" single from 1977(release no. EMI2659). The B side is called "The Bard's Own Recipe".

I do not have "Monsters Lead Such Interesting Lives" by Mel Torme. It sounds interesting, I'll keep an eye out for it.

HarveyMidnight said...

'I do not have "Monsters Lead Such Interesting Lives" by Mel Torme. It sounds interesting, I'll keep an eye out for it.'

I've heard this song in an odd place. It was in a movie called 'Daffy Duck's Quackbusters' which was a take-off on the Ghostbusters. At one point, Daffy is at a monster party of some kind, and he begins to sing 'monsters lead such interesting lives' with Mel Torme's voice. I'm not sure if it was recorded specifically for the movie; it might have been.

Anonymous said...

I am having trouble downloading this link. any suggestions?

Erick said...

It seems the original link had expired. I re-upped it to Rapidshare. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Works great! my daughter's only 2 but i hope she will like some of these tracks!

Monster-Maniac said...

Vincent Price singing the Monster Mash? I'll download this as soon as I can!

Hjalmar Poelzig said...

I just posted "Monsters Lead Such Interesting Lives" on my blog:

MONSTERS
LEAD SUCH INTERESTING LIVES (from "Night Of The Living Duck" - 1988) -
Mel Torme


Just a DVD rip from the original toon itself, and not the studio recording.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I am almost 40 years old.. Have been looking for the Groovie Goolies song Dangerous Drac, frightening Frankie, weirdo wolfie for years. I even bought a few of the records on Ebay, but alas, the song was not on them..

Thanks for your time and generosity in sharing this! It made my day!

Unknown said...

Yeah I want the "Frightening Frankie, Dangerous Drac, Weirdo Wolfie" song too! Somebody out there has got to know.

SomethingWickedProductions said...

Both links seem to be inactive, is there ANY chance you might be able to repost! There are a few on here even I don't have! Thank you for all the hard work!
Ed