Well, it may not be "major", but it's still pretty cool.
I've been awarded the Honest Scrap Award by Max at The Drunken Severed Head blog. Thanks Max for the kind words about the Wonderful Wonderblog. I really appreciate it.
I'm not sure who originally started the Honest Scrap Award, but apparently it's been around for at least a year and has been passed around by blogs on several continents. The logo is a picture of an old chewing tobacco sign.
According to the rules of the award, I'm supposed to send it to 10 other blogs and list 10 true things about myself. That's gonna be tough. There are over 200 blogs in my blogroll and I like each one of them for different reasons. And I don't know if there are 10 things about me that anyone will find very interesting.
OK, so here are 10 blogs that I currently check out on a regular basis. Of course none of them are obligated to send this award on. This is really just a way to let others know about some other cool blogs. In alphabetical order --
Ernie (Not Bert)
Franklin Mint Blog
Jon's Random Acts of Geekery
The Manchester Morgue
Music You (Possibly) Won't Hear Anyplace Else
Ratchet's Hulk Collection
And here's 10 things about me you may or may not know --
1. I don't drive. I took driver's training and had my temps when I was in high school back in 1984. I just didn't care for it and never got a driver's license.
2. I met my wife through a personal ad I placed in a local singles paper in 1996. We married in 1998. She was the only one that answered my ad, so I had to marry her.
3. I like mushrooms. On pizza, in pasta, on my salad. They're my favorite fungus.
4. People don't like to play Trivial Pursuit with me. My brain is filled with tons of useless knowledge.
5. I make scrapbooks. There's nothing I enjoy more than going to the local scrapbook store on "crop night" and scrapping with the ladies.
6. I like to listen to movie soundtracks. When I was a kid I had the records of Star Wars, Superman: The Movie, CE3K, The Muppet Movie and others. I would listen to them along with my KISS records.
7. I've lived in Akron, OH my whole life, except for one year I lived in Kent with some friends.
8. I had perfect attendance my senior year of high school.
9. I played Dungeons & Dragons through most of the 80s with my brother and friends. My favorite characters were Brister Firethorn (a dwarf fighter) and Spry Brusque ( a human thief).
10. I blame my warped mind on my parents. They took me and my brother to age inappropriate movies when we were kids. We saw movies like Blazing Saddles and Andy Warhol's Frankenstein.