Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Mego Meet 2010 and Micronauts

If your looking for something to do this weekend, you could go to the Mego Meet. Unfortunately, I can't go, but I sure would love to.

"MegoMeet is a chance for the Mego toy collectors community, (people interested in the great things put out by the toy company Mego) to get together in person to trade and buy parts and action figures, sit in on sessions designed to educate and answer questions about Mego Corporation and the Toys they made, but more than anything a chance to hook up with friends and fellow collectors live and in person, instead of over the internet.

The 2010 MegoMeet will once again be at The Kruger Street Toy & Train Museum in Wheeling, West Virginia, dates for 2010 are June 11 & 12."

The Museum also has this special event going on --

  • April 3 to July 7, 2010: "Micronauts!" - we'll take a look at those classic eighties robot toys from Mego, with a walk through the incredible collection of Ray Miller!
I think of the Micronauts as more of a 70s thing, but I guess they continued into the 80s. Here's photos of some of the display --
Man, that looks awesome! I would love to see this.

1 comment:

John Rozum said...

I love the Micronauts and had a great deal of fun with them and my Star Wars action figures. I love the art on your new header.