Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sesame Street B.E.


Of course B.E. stands for BEFORE ELMO. I've been wanting to post this for awhile and I finally got around to finishing it.

This is pretty cool, check out Muppet Wiki for a complete Sesame Street discography. It shows every LP, cassette and CD ever released based on Sesame Street.

Here is almost 80 minutes of classic Sesame Street music.

Track List

1. Sesame Street Theme - The Kids
2. ABC-DEF-GHI - Big Bird
3. Bein' Green - Kermit The Frog
4. C Is For Cookie - Cookie Monster
5. Circles - Cookie Monster & Herry Monster
6. Doin' The Pigeon - Bert
7. Eight Beautiful Notes - The Count
8. Five People In My Family - The Anything Muppets
9. Five Song - The Kids
10. Four - Little Jerry & The Monotones
11. Henson King Of Eight - Jim Henson
12. How Do You Do - Lena Horne & Grover
13. I Love Trash - Oscar The Grouch
14. I Want A Monster To Be My Friend - A Little Girl (Marilyn Sokol)
15. I've Got Two - Bob, Susan, Gordon, Mr. Hooper
16. La La La - Bert & Ernie
17. Ladybug's Picnic - Jerry Nelson
18. Little Things - Prairie Dawn
19. The Lovable Monsters Of Sesame Street - The Monsters Of Sesame Street
20. Mah Na Mah Na - Mah Na Mah Na
21. Nasty Dan - Johnny Cash & Oscar The Grouch
22. The National Association Of 'W' Lovers - Bert
23. One Of These Things (One Of These Sounds) - Bob & Susan
24. 1-2-3 Sesame Street - Stevie Wonder
25. Over, Under, Around and Through - Grover
26. People In Your Neighborhood - Bob & The Anything Muppets
27. Pinball Number Count - The Pointer Sisters
28. Roosevelt Franklin's Alphabet - Roosevelt Franklin & His Mother
29. Rubber Duckie - Ernie
30. Sammy The Snake - Sammy The Snake
31. Sing - The Kids
32. Somebody Come And Play - Big Bird And The Kids
33. Tu Me Gustas (I Like You) - Maria
34. Two 'G' Sounds - Grover & George
35. Would You Like To Buy An O? - The Salesman & Ernie
36. Goodbye - The Cast

Click the link below to download --

--> Sesame Street B.E. <--

10 comments:

JJ said...

Hey, Erick.
Yet another nice comp. Good job.
Just wondering if you could let me know the names of the fonts used for the cover. Firstly the green text used for the main title 'Sesame Street B.E.' and also the blue text used for the description below it. I got a feeling it might be a font called "Cramps" for the blue typeface but I know there's a few very similar ones out there. The green one looks very 'cartoonish' and I don't have anything similar in my files, as yet. If you, or anyone else could identify it for me, I'd like to get hold of it myself.
Thanx.

JJ

JJ said...

Hello, again.
Just noticed there's some white noise (static) at the start of Track 5, "Circles". It's very brief but I thought you might want to 'fix' it, as it's still clearly audible.
Other than that, I'm lovin' this - there's some real gems on here.
Thanks, Erick.

JJ

HarveyMidnight said...

Oooh, I love fonts, too! Pretty sure the bleeding letter font is called 'Postcrypt' -- the green graffiti logo is 'Planet Benson' probably find them pretty easy on a Google search for 'font download' and the name of the font.

John Rozum said...

Another great compilation, Erick! Both my kids are just outside of Sesame Street age, and have never really seen the show since they've spent their entire lives without tv reception of any kind. The other day, though, we spent quite a bit of time on youtube as I introduced them to a bunch of Bert and Ernie skits, Grover the Waiter, Don Music, etc. I was happy to see how well it held up for myself, but how tickled they were by these well crafted skits.

On an unrelated note, email me if you're going to be taking part in this year's Halloween countdown. I assume you are, but wanted to double check.

Erick said...

Sorry it took so long to respond. Hurricane Ike made it all the way to Ohio. I didn't have electricity for over two days!

The fonts I used were Planet Benson 2 and Creeper.

Jeremy H. said...

great post as always... never a let down, keep up the great work!

jeremy

pika23 said...

YAY!!!! this is awesome! I just got my first Mp3 player, so I got some groovy songs to listen to now!

I have that one shirt you showed the other day...Representing the Street...it was at Target.

I had a stuffed cookie monster that I wold dunk in the toilet and say I was giving him a bath! I was 2. and I had a giant grover plushie. SS sucks now though. it was great when I was a toddler in the late 70's early 80's.

Heres some trivia for ya...Davids grandmother, was cliff huxtable's mom on The Cosby Show

Anonymous said...

If anyone still has this zip available, please or if, Erick, you wouldn't mind reposting the file, I'd appreciate it.
-Kenneth
crockkt@pdx.edu

Erick said...

Kenneth --

I just checked the file and it's still good. Try it again.

Lone Wolf said...

Great blog, and a great post! Does the zip still live somewhere? I'm putting together a care package for a new addition to a friend's family and this would be perfect. Thanks much! :)