Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years Ago...

I posted this photo last year and I'm posting it again this year. I took this photo on August 14, 1990 when me and some friends visited New York. We only walked through the bottom floor of the Twin Towers, but I'm glad I took this picture.

I clearly remember where I was when the terrorists attacked. I was at a former job in the back of the store doing some shipping and receiving. I always listened to the radio while I worked. They were talking about a plane that just hit the Twin Towers and what a terrible accident it was. Then all of a sudden they yelled "another plane just hit the towers!" That's when we knew it wasn't an accident. I told my fellow co-workers what had happened and they brought out a small television to watch the news. We were all in shock. When the big bosses came in they closed the store and told us to go home. Nobody felt like working. My wife and I went home and sat in front of the TV all day. It was one of the saddest days in my life.

3 comments:

highbury said...

It's hard to believe that it has been 10 years already. I was in London, England on my honeymoon that day. We came back to the hotel to get cleaned up for our final, fancy dinner (we were to fly home Sept. 12) when I turned on the TV...

Jeremy [Retro] said...

No Words... only Silence!

Unknown said...

This is an excellent picture. By far the towers were my favorite part of the skyline. I'm fortunate enough to be able to look out into the distance and see NYC and I'm reminded of 9/11 each time.