Sunday, May 04, 2014

My Free Comic Book Day and More!

Here's a recap of my amazing Free Comic Book Day. It was quite the road trip. We hit seven different comic shops in about eight hours. It rained a couple of times, but we mostly had nice weather.

Here's all of the free comics I got. Mostly this year's books with a few from past years thrown in.

Some of the other free stuff I got. Temporary tattooss, pins and a sucker.

Here's some stuff I got before FCBC started. Friday night I went to Ollie's Bargain Outlet and found this Hulk and Wolverine two pack. And the Hot Wheels Enterprise my brother found at K-Mart and gave it to me Saturday morning.

Here's our nerdly crew. Me in the Wolverine shirt. My brother Scott (Iron Man shirt) and his son (Fantastic Four shirt). Our friend Kathy (Transformers shirt), her daughter (Deadpool shirt) and her friend (non-comic related shirt).

First stop Kenmore Komics & Games.

Kenmore is my regular comic shop, so I picked up a couple of my new books and a couple of packs of Marvel Universe 2014 trading cards.

I pulled a sketch card from one of the packs. Silver Surfer by artist Marcelo Ferreira.

Second stop The Toys Time Forgot.

Cat burglar?

Third stop Heroic Adventures.

Fourth stop Quaker Square News Stand.

I met artist Carter Allen. His website Candle Light Press.

I bought a Megalon sketch card from Mr. Allen.

Fifth stop JC Comics & Cards.

JC the owner.

I bought The Essential Luke Cage: Power Man Vol. 2.

Sixth stop Off The Wagon.

Seventh stop Collector's Palace.

Collector's Palace mascot.

I bought a Palisades Micronauts Time Traveler Dynamic Forces Exclusive and five packs of cards.

On our way home. What a fun day!

Later that night, my wife and I stopped at Goodwill and I bought some books. They were all 1/2 off. I paid around $2.40 for all of them.

No comments: