Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween (1978) At The Nightlight Cinema In Akron, OH

After trick-or-treating ended Saturday night, me and the missus went to the Nightlight Cinema in downtown Akron to see the original Halloween on the big screen. The Nightlight is a cool little independent theater. They sell alcohol and cupcakes at the concession stand. I thought about ordering a sasparilla, but I really don't know what that is. I only know about it from Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Anywho, I sat down with my popcorn and Diet Coke and watched Halloween for the first time in my life! It was a hoot! It was so cheesy and fun, I loved it!





Before the movie started, a three man band called Analog Fog played a tribute to John Carpenter movies by playing the theme music from the following movies:
1. Escape From New York
2. Christine
3. Assault On Precinct 13
4. Halloween

They sounded great. I recorded the first song they played (Escape From New York), but I wish I would have got Halloween! It was spectacular! Sorry about the videon quality, it was really dark in there.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sweet! I wish I had the time to go to stuff like this.

Unknown said...

Totally Cool!

Wings1295 said...

Sounds like a great time but - first time seeing Halloween?? WTH?? And cheesy??? WTH???? Oh ... I need to go sit down.

Erick said...

Thanks guys!

Caffeinated Joe - C'mon Joe, it is cheesy. But in a good way. The audience actually laughed out loud a couple of times! I was 12 when Halloween came out and I was a HUGE Star Wars nerd at the time (actually, I still am). I didn't get into "slasher" flicks until A Nightmare On Elm Street came out. And I just never went back and watched the Halloween movies. I did see H2o when it came out. :)

Tom said...

A sasparilla is just a fancy name for a root beer.

I love John Carpenter's music, such an integral part of the movies. I saw the original Halloween on tv in about 1981 and it scared the bejeezus out of me, but I loved it.