Monday, October 28, 2019

O'Brien Cemetery 1806 - 1997, Hudson, OH

I visited this cemetery for the first time a few weeks ago with my son and his wife. I never knew it was there, but my son did. He said grandma took him there and to some other cemeteries when he was a kid. She was looking for a nice cemetery to be buried in. Kinda creepy.

To get to O'Brien Cemetery you have to drive down a long one lane dirt road in the middle of the woods. It's like something out of a horror movie. But, it's quite beautiful once you get there. There's a lake and a bunch of really old cool looking trees. A lot of the tombstones are broken or destroyed all together due to vandalism over the years. The city of Hudson has tried to preserve it as best they can.

You can go here to read some history of the cemetery and to see more photos.

Here's my pictures --
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks creepy enough in the daytime so I wouldn't like to be there as night is falling!

I grew up in a village (in the UK) and there was a nearby church and cemetery - the oldest tombstones dated back to the 1730s.