Sunday, May 05, 2013

FCBD Haul

Had a great day yesterday! Got to go to all of my local comic shops in one day and saw Iron Man 3. It was a fun movie, but it had some issues, especially if you're a fan of the comic books.

Let's take a look at the stuff I picked up --

 
I only managed to get 21 different books of the 50+ free comics that were available. These are all going to my brother. I got extras of The Tick, Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, The Smurfs, Star Wars, Overstreet's Comic Book Marketplace (I'm keeping these for myself) and The Walking Dead (for my son).

 
At my regular comic shop (Kenmore Komics & Games) I picked up my new books plus five packs of Marvel Greatest Battles trading cards.


At JC Comics and Cards I bought a vintage 1977 Hulk glass for $7.50 and Essential She-Hulk Vol. 1 for $5.00.


At a local sports card store I got two of the Topps Star Wars Jedi Legacy promo cards. These were given out one per customer, so I had my wife get one. She was embarrassed  to ask for a trading card. But she did it because she loves me. ;)

 
We stopped for lunch at a local place called The Firehouse Grille and Pub and I had a donut burger. The "bun" is a glazed donut cut in half with the glazed sides facing the burger and then grilled. It was pretty darn good!
 
 

2 comments:

Ben said...

looks like you had a great day out!!!!!! what a score

Teenygozer said...

We own a comic book store in CT and had a huge crowd this year. I love FCBD, it's always a lot of fun, and we get a lot of new faces who go on to become good customers. The kids are really cute, usually they get shy and refuse to take the comic you're trying to give them and you have to insist they take it!