Monday, September 16, 2013

Halloween Snackin'

I went to two local Targets this past weekend looking for the retro monster cereals. Didn't have any luck finding any. The stores were just starting to put out their Halloween stuff. Maybe next weekend..

I did buy a couple bags of candy though. Pumpkin Spice M&M's and Brach's Candy Corn & Peanuts. I've been working on the M&M's and I like them. But, my wife didn't care for them. I'm going to save the Brach's for later. I'm not supposed to eat too many sweets. Damn diabeetus!

4 comments:

Zerbinator said...

I've gotta get those monster cereals as well and haven't been able to find them. I had no clue about the M&M's... do they actually taste of pumpkin spice?

Wings1295 said...

I had the Pumpkin Spice M&Ms, as well. Weren't really a great pumpkin flavor, seemed to be more "spice", to me.

I found all five Monster Cereals at Target, in their retro boxes. But, I had to go into the Halloween decor area, which was in the back of the store and even then they were on the back end of one of the aisles. If I hadn't looked, I never would have just walked past them.

Dex said...

From what I've seen and heard that's the place to find the cereals: the Halloween area on a back endcap.

The M&Ms are good for me because they're not very pumpkiny, just a little spice-y.

And I still don't get the candy corn & nuts thing, but I have to try it.

Stephen said...

Yep, the cereals were on an endcap at my Target, towards the back wall behind the Halloween decorations. I'd almost given up when I spotted them. Weird.

I don't care much for candy corn, but I like the Candy Corn M&Ms much better than the Pumpkin Spice ones. The Pumpkin Spice is way too mild, and it's all "spice", no pumpkin. They should've used the white chocolate in them, too. Oh well.