Monday, July 29, 2013

My Incredible Hulk Tattoo

I got my very first tattoo Saturday! I figured I'd better do it now because who knows what it will look like when I'm 80. :)

I knew I wanted a classic Sal Buscema Hulk. The 70s and early 80s were my favorite era of the Hulk. So I found a picture online and made an appointment at a local tattoo shop. I had it done at Empire Ink by tattoo artist Frank Miller.

Being my first tattoo, I wasn't sure what to expect. The outline wasn't too bad. But when he started adding the color it felt like he was burning off hunks of my flesh. I've never felt so much pain in my life! But, I survived and I love it. Plus, it's been "leaking". I was a little worried about that because ink was running down my leg. I was told it was plasma and should stop after a couple of days. That's a relief, my wife thought I might need to have my leg amputated. lol

Here's some pics of this momentous occasion --










7 comments:

Doug said...

Erick --

I don't think I would ever do that, but I give you a ton of credit for taking the plunge -- it looks great!

Doug

Dex said...

Exactly what Doug said!

Derek Ash said...

I say this with no sense of irony whatsoever: YOU ARE THE MAN! I am in awe of your perseverance here. Awesome tattoo too! Do you feel like you've conquered like, a man-challenge or something now? I have no idea what I want to get for a tattoo but I've been considering it for a while now. But it has to be a good one or I just won't ever do it.

Erick said...

Thanks Doug, Dex and GG!

I don't know if I'd call it a man-challenge. I've always liked tattoos and I've been thinking about it for years. I chose the classic Hulk because it was the first comic I started collecting as a kid in the 70s. My dad would buy comics than give them me and my brother. For some reason I latched onto the Hulk and now I have a huge Hulk collection.

Wings1295 said...

That is awesome!!! Congrats!

Jamdin said...

Cool tattoo with amazing details and happy belated birthday.

Hobgoblin238 said...

Wowie...I BET that hurt like hell. Mine did too.