Sunday, September 19, 2010

Avast, Me Hearties!


Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Arrr! Me name be Dagger Wilson! Get your pirate name here.

Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day --

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?

And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …

1. Prepare to be boarded.

3 comments:

Michael Jones said...

Altitude: 21,000 feet. Speed: 520 knots. Level flight. Course: zero-niner-zero.
Oh, sorry, that's "Talk Like a Pilot Day". I've been in Japan too long. (I'll be cutting and pasting this lame comment everywhere.)
That being said, I am SO scamming your post today (with credit, natch.)

The Captain said...

A pirate walks into a bar, and the barkeep says
"Excuse me, cap'n, but did you know that you've got your ship's wheel stuck down the front of your pants?"

"Aye," says the pirate, "that thing be drivin' me nuts!"

Michael Jones said...

A Pirate retires and becomes a farmer. When asked how much he charges for corn, he replies, "a buckaneer!"