Thursday, October 07, 2010

Hugo at the Monster Rally

Hugo: Man of a Thousand Faces was manufactured by Kenner in 1975 and was created by writer/director/make-up artist Alan Ormsby. Ormsby is best known for his work on the movies Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (1973), My Bodyguard (1980), Cat People (1982) and Porky's II: The Next Day (1983).

He was also the author one of my favorite childhood memories, the make-up effects book "Movie Monsters" in 1976. You can see my post about the book here.

I loved my Hugo when I was a kid. Unfortunately he mysteriously disappeared over the years. But, have no fear, Hugo has returned! Click here to see how I was reacquainted with him.





2 comments:

Prof. Grewbeard said...

love the new header Erick and thanx for the info on Hugo, i've always wondered what the deal was with this weird little toy...

JD said...

Nice post on Hugo.

That Alan Ormsby book is great! Still have my copy.