The Haunted School House opened in Akron, OH in 1974, when Don & Cindy Johns bought the old Thomastown Elementary School. In 1981 they bought the building next door (the former Guggenheim Air Institute) and opened the Haunted Laboratory. These two haunted houses are legendary in NE Ohio. I haven't been to the HSH in several years, although I did visit it many times in my younger days. I don't think I ever went to the Laboratory. I may have to check it out this year. They added two huge Tesla Coils in 2001.
The Haunted School House was named the #8 Top Haunted Attraction in the USA by HauntWorld.com.
The Top 13 Haunted Attractions:
1. 13th Gate Haunted House – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2. Netherworld Haunted House – Atlanta, Georgia
3. The Beast – Kansas City, Missouri
4. The Darkness Haunted House – St. Louis, Missouri
5. House of Torment – Austin, Texas
6. Dent Schoolhouse – Cincinnati, Ohio
7. Bates Motel – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8. Haunted Schoolhouse – Akron, Ohio
9. Bayville Screampark – Long Island, New York
10. House of Shock – New Orleans, Louisiana
11. Dead Acres – Columbus, Ohio
12. Headless Horseman – Ulster Park, New York
13. Graystone Manor - Killen, Alabama
Read a great review and interview from 2008 at HauntedHouseOnline.com.