Monday, October 15, 2007

Elvira Presents Haunted Hits

Here's the Halloween CD Elvira Presents Haunted Hits. I noticed when I was reading the liner notes that the CD has 17 tracks and the cassette has 23 tracks. This is a rip of the CD with the six additional tracks added in.

Visit her website here.

And be sure to check out her show on the Fox Reality Channel - The Search For The Next Elvira.

Track Listing

1. Monster Mash - Bobby 'Boris' Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers
2. Haunted House - Jumpin' Gene Simmons
3. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.
4. Out Of Limits - The Marketts
5. The Blob - The Five Blobs
6. The Creature From The Black Lagoon - Dave Edmunds
7. The Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley
8. The Addams Family (Main Title) - Vic Mizzy
9. Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes - Lee Lewis (cassette only)
10. Welcome To My Nightmare - Alice Cooper
11. Twilight Zone - Neil Norman & His Cosmic Orchestra
12. Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo
13. Little Demon - Screamin' Jay Hawkins (cassette only)
14. Attack Of The 50-Foot Woman - The Tubes (cassette only)
15. King Kong - Big T. Tyler (cassette only)
16. The Creature (From Outer Space) - The Jayhawks (cassette only)
17. Halloween Spooks - Lambert, Hendricks & Ross
18. Horror Movie - The Skyhooks
19. I Put A Spell On You - Screamin' Jay Hawkins
20. I Was A Teenage Werewolf - The Cramps
21. Voodoo Voodoo - LaVern Baker
22. Martian Hop - The Ran-Dells (cassette only)
23. Full Moon - Elvira

Click the link below to download --

--> Elvira Presents Haunted Hits <--

10 comments:

Vinnie Rattolle said...

How strange that the CD was released with less tracks than the cassette. Usually cassettes and CDs had the same tunes while the LPs ran short. In any event, thank you for this, Erick! I've been trying to get a copy for years!

UniversalHorror said...

I thought this was strange also.....but Erick's post reminded me that I did indeed have the cassette release before the CD became available, and the tape did indeed have the additional tracks. Erick, did you rip those from the tape, or gather them from various CD sources? Almost all of them (as well as many of the CD tracks) have been reissued and re-compiled by Rhino on various other Halloween comps over the years (sometimes being reissued more than once on various comps) such as the Dr. Demento comps and even some of Elvira's other comps. This is probably why I never worried myself too much about the missing tracks (such as the Killer Tomatos theme) because they've all shown up here and there. That's also why I eventually more or less stopped buying Rhino Halloween compilations because of the repetitiveness....but anyway, Erick, I assume that's why you were looking for that "Creature From Outer Space" track in your earlier posting?

UniversalHorror said...

Almost forgot....another LP which ran shorter than a cassette or CD release was the original issue of "Television's Greatest Hits (Vol. 1) by TeeVee Toon Records. The cassette had two additional tracks not present on either the CD or LP issues, simply because of the total length which wouldn't have fit onto a CD. In this instance, this Elvira comp very easily could have included ALL the tracks off the cassette release.

Incidentally, Erick.....did you put these together in the original cassette ordering? Just curious about that point. Even though I have the CD I probably want to download this just for completeness. :-)

Erick said...

I do not have the cassette, so the additional tracks came from my CD collection and stuff I downloaded from other blogs. I found the track listing online and believe it to be the original cassette order.

phelpster said...

Cool, I love a good horrific compilation, especially one endorsed by Elvira. Thanks for sharing!

UniversalHorror said...

I came back to this post (and yes, Erick...the tracks are indeed in their original order) because I stumbled across these scans online of the labels from each side of the LP issue:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=808667

It was neat seeing them, and it's also a confirmation of the track order. Thought you and others would enjoy seeing these LP labels (there's four).

Erick said...

Thanks for the link. Those are cool.

Anonymous said...

Very good, thanks!

Anonymous said...

can you fix this link, thank you, julia hayes.

Anonymous said...

@Erick can you repost this album? The link isn't working for me. Thank you