Monday, October 29, 2007

Porter Wagoner, RIP

I just found out that country music legend Porter Wagoner has died. I'm glad my family and I got to see him perform at the Grand Ole Opry a few years ago. He was a wonderful entertainer.

"Porter Wagoner, a Grand Ole Opry institution and member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, died Sunday (Oct. 28) at 8:25 p.m. at Alive Hospice in Nashville.

Known as the Thin Man From West Plains, he was 80 and had been hospitalized since Oct. 15. An Opry spokesperson announced on Oct. 21 that Wagoner had been diagnosed with lung cancer. He was released to hospice care on Friday (Oct. 26)."


Read the full story (including a nice bio) here.

Visit The Official Porter Wagoner Website

Here's a chilling song by Mr. Wagoner called "Rubber Room". You may even want to include it in your Halloween mix.

Read about the song here.

Click the link below to download --

--> Rubber Room <--

2 comments:

Vinnie Rattolle said...

Porter's death seemingly interrupts the flow of your Halloween blogebration, but thanks for the heads up; I hadn't heard yet. I'll have to give the song a listen in two and a half hours when I can download from RapidShare...

Erick said...

Vinnie - Isn't Halloween all about celebrating the dead?