Thursday, November 22, 2007

Black Friday!

Thanksgiving day is almost over and as usual I ate WAY too much. After dinner we went to the movies and saw Fred Claus. It was a cute movie, but I think I could have waited to rent it next Christmas.

Now it's time for BLACK FRIDAY! Some people might think I'm crazy, but I don't mind the crazy crowds and waiting in line for hours. I'm a patient man. We're not going at 4:00 AM though, we're going to wait until 7:00 or 8:00 AM and see what's left. I have to work Friday, I need to get a couple of hours of sleep before all of that crazy shopping.

The first time I went shopping on Black Friday was 2004. Back then we did go at four in the morning. While I was at Best Buy a reporter from our local newspaper (The Akron Beacon Joural) interviewed me and took a bunch of photos. I was the main photo of the article in Saturday's business section (by the way, I didn't spend $480. I only bought video games and DVD's).

1 comment:

Dave said...

Our 11 PM news showed people who were already in line at Kohl's and JC Penny's because they open at 4 AM this year. Crazy. I worked Black Friday in retail for over 20 years. Never again.
Dave