Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Little Reminder


I'm participating in the Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes this coming Sunday, October 5th. Diabetes runs in my family. My brother and I are diabetic and so were our parents. Fortunately, my brother and I can keep it under control by just taking medication. For now. I've been walking to fight diabetes for over 10 years and hope that you will consider helping me make a change to this growing epidemic.

A few facts about diabetes --

  • About one in 10 American adults now has diabetes.
  • Diabetes is the seventh leading cause of death by disease in the U.S.
  • One out of every three Americans born today will develop diabetes in their lifetime if present trends continue.
  • Nearly 5.7 million people (nearly one-quarter) of the 23.6 million children and adults in the U.S. living with diabetes are unaware that they have the disease.

Any donation to my campaign would be greatly appreciated. No matter how small or large your contribution is, it all goes to a very good cause.

Click here to view my personal page and make an online donation

Thank you very much.

No comments: