Saturday, November 12, 2011

Marvel Universe 2011 Trading Cards


Marvel Universe 2011 from Rittenhouse Archives

90-card base set covering some of Marvel's most memorable and ground breaking cross-over events including: The Korvac Saga, Secret Wars I, Fall of the Mutants, Age of Apocalypse, Heroes Reborn, Civil War, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion, Shadowland, and Fear Itself.

Chase cards include: Ultimate Heroes, Artist Drafts, Marvel Originals, and base parallel.

I got a box of these today and I really like them. Each cross-over event is featured on nine cards so that when you put them in plastic pages they form a puzzle of the event and the story is detailed on the back of the cards. The only thing I don't like about them is the parallel cards. They are "clear" cards, which is neat, but they are unnumbered. The hand-drawn SketchaFEX Sketch Card I got in my box is Archangel by Renato Mapa Jr. and it is listed as extremely limited.

1 comment:

Michael Jones said...

Just curious. What do you do with all your triples, doubles and singles that don't comprise a set? I have a locker full of them at home.
One Halloween, I shoved all the kid-friendly cards in a huge bag and allowed the kids to grab ONE handful of cards in addition to a treat. I think word spread because I had more kids that year than ever.