Saturday, May 19, 2012

Avengers Assemble Trading Cards

First off, if you haven't seen The Avengers, go see it now! It's frickin awesome!

And now onto the cards...

I bought a hobby box of The Avengers Assemble trading cards by Upper Deck. It has a huge base set. 176 cards recapping Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers. My box had 131 of the 176 cards plus two doubles. I also got 10 of the 36 Classic Covers cards, 2 of the 9 Concept Series cards and 12 of the 60 Heroes and Villains cards. The "big hits" in my box were a hand-drawn sketch card of the Red Skull by Joe Hogan and two memorabilia cards. The memorabilia cards feature pieces of costume used in the production of The Avengers movie. I got a single memorabilia card with Thor and a trio memorabilia card with Hawkeye, Nick Fury and Maria Hill. I'm pretty happy with what I got in my box, my only wish is that I would have gotten a Hulk sketch.



2 comments:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

that is the coolest stuff, thank you for sharing... the movie was great... I have seen it twice...

check out my zombie post for today, it might be something interesting for you...

Jeremy

Michael Jones said...

I am so jealous. Not only do I have to wait until August to see the movie, I'll never get to see the cards either.
Let me know when Mars Attacks goes on sale, I'll be shipping those to Japan!