Sunday, August 12, 2012

Joe Kubert, R.I.P.


From Bleeding Cool --

Co-creator of Sergeant Rock, Tor and Ragman, famed for recreating Hawkman, pursuing war comics, founder of the Kubert School, author of Fax from Sarajevo and father to Adam and Andy Kubert, Joe Kubert has passed away, aged 85.

Even now, he had Before Watchmen: Nite Owl on the stands with his own Joe Kubert Presents projects coming out at the end of October from DC Comics.

Richard Bruning, ex of DC Comics, where Joe did much of his best known work, said it best;
"Joe Kubert one of the finest men I’ve ever known Rest in peace, Joe."


2 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

It is always Sad when we loose one of the great Comic book artists...

R.Kranz said...

I graduated from the Kubert School in 1989, while there my animation teacher and a lot of the students hated my guts because I loved anime. I did get to go to Japan and work in their animation industry for 2 and a half years, but they still hated me enough to blacklist me one i got back to NYC. But Joe was an even tempered and talented artist and put up with a lot of strange people flooding the school. A very sad loss.