Monday, October 05, 2020

DeBord's 25th Annual Halloween Party

This was the DeBord's 25th year hosting a Halloween party and it was a little different than past years. Due to the 'Rona they couldn't hold it in a park with vendors, wrestling, belly dancers, food trucks, etc. etc. Instead they held it in their backyard where it originally started 2½ decades ago. 

The guest list was by invitation only, luckily I was invited. The food was covered dish, they had spooky music playing, games for adults and kids with prizes, a door prize, a giant inflatable movie screen showing Ghostbusters, fire eaters, pumpkin carving and a pizza eating contest. I participated in the pizza eating contest for the first time this year. I didn't win.

Hopefully things will be back to normal next year and they can have a big festival again. You can check out some photos I shared from past years here. Now, here's this year's pics.

I brought Halloween Cheese Curls.

Some of the decorations.

Inflatable movie screen.

CJ's Pumpkin Patch

I didn't know they made Halloween port-o-potties!

Pizza eating contest hosted by local Horror Host legend Lil' John.

I didn't win.

One of the games they played was throw a wadded up piece of paper into the cauldron on the garage. I came in second.

Photobombed by a Pokemon!

The front yard.

Fire starter!

That's hot!

Pumpkin carving with the kids.

Michael Myers showed up late.

My nephew and his shadow. :)


4 comments:

Lady M said...

That's a fine Halloween porta-potty.

Colin Jones said...

As somebody with the initials CJ, I was especially interested in CJ's Pumpkin Patch :)

But I don't see much evidence of social distancing in those photos - I hope you keep well, Erick!

Erick said...

Colin -- Yeah, I let my guard down at the party. I always wear a mask and try to keep 6 feet apart, otherwise.

Bulldog said...

Looked like a lot of fun. Glad you made the list. Fun post.