Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Father

A Tribute To My Dad

Today (Christmas Eve) my dad would have been 76 years old. Thursday (Christmas Day) is the 10th anniversary of my dad's passing. I can't believe it's been 10 years already.
Dad and mom (Christmas 1965)


Because I'm not very good at writing paragraphs, here are some facts about my dad --

  • Born Dec. 24, 1932

  • His parents were Hungarian immigrants

  • His name was Wendell, but everyone called him Wendy

  • He worked for Firestone Tire and Rubber Co. for 30 years

  • He married my mom in 1966

  • Died Dec. 25, 1998


  • My dad and his usual Christmas gift, a can of pipe tobacco (1989)

    In the 1970s he would buy comic books, read them, then give them to me and my brother. In the 1980s when my brother and I would buy boxes of non-sport trading cards he would sit with us and open packs and help sort the cards. It's because of him that I'm the geek I am today.
    Dad as Santa for the Foresters (1989)

    Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas Dad!

    No comments: