Saturday, January 28, 2012

Coming Soon! KISS Retro Style Action Figures!

This is cool news. I still have my Mego Gene Simmons figure from the 70s. Never had the other guys though. Hopefully I can at least get the new 8 inch figures.
Figures Toy Company to Release Retro 8 and 12 inch KISS Action Figures

Tampa, Fl- January 27, 2012 - Finally!! "You Want It You Got It" "The Hottest Band in the World" "KISS"

KISS Collectors, Rock Fans get ready. Figures Toy Company is about to introduce KISS action figures, reminiscent of the action figures first released in 1977-1978 by the Mego Toy Company. These figures will have rooted hair, cloth clothing, 16 points of articulation and for the first time will be available in 8 inch as well as a re-release of the 12 inch.


CFO Anthony Balasco states, "I never understood why 8 inch KISS action figures were not produced back in the 1970's when The Mego Toy Company had already released the 12 inch versions. Our first release will have the retro look from the 1970's, but future releases will cover all time periods in KISS's 40 year musical career from 1972 to 2012". Look for special exclusives and limited edition releases. Collectors will be able to find these at toy stores, comic shops, music stores and on-line retailers starting in March 2012.

The deal was brokered by Live Nation Merchandise, KISS's Global licensing agent.



2 comments:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

me in a trance... must have these figures... must have these, send them to me... you must send them to me... please someone send them to me... please.

Unknown said...

As I write this, I have an original, skinny version Gene Simmons Mego directly to my right. Directly to my left is the new Funko Destroyer Demon vinyl robot. So yes, I will be waiting with bated breath for these!