Saturday, January 21, 2012

Marvel: Dangerous Divas Trading Cards

These cards came out in March 2011, but I didn't get a box of them until right before Christmas. And now, close to the end of January, I've finally sorted them out. I'm kinda slow. lol

Here's the description from the Rittenhouse Archives website --

MARVEL: DANGEROUS DIVAS TRADING CARDS are coming in March 2011, with at least one color sketch card in every box. This all-new series, limited to 8,000 sequentially-numbered boxes, will feature some of the sexiest and most dominant women in the Marvel Universe!

More than 100 artists will bring their talents to Marvel: Dangerous Divas sketch cards.

Rounding out the chase cards are several exciting sets including:

• 72-Card parallel set (1:3 packs)
• 12 Women of Marvel (1:8 packs)
• 9 Sultry Seductresses (1:12 packs)
• 9 Embrace (1:24 packs)
They are nice looking cards and feature some great characters. My only problem with the set is that the backs of the cards are all puzzle-backs. I don't mind puzzle-backs, but I would have preferred one card of each character with biographical info on it.

Here's the limited SketchaFEX Sketch Card I got in my box --
Scarlet Witch by Raimundo Nonato
It's an OK sketch, but she looks kind of cross-eyed. And the bottom of the card is damaged. It looks like the artist might have taped it down and damaged it when he removed the tape.

No comments: